gre SHAMBOLLIC: This one goes out to my sis - Buggles 'Radio Star' gk

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This one goes out to my sis - Buggles 'Radio Star'

I heard you on the wireless back in Fifty Two
Lying awake intent at tuning in on you.
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through.
OwwaOwwa
They took the credit for your second symphony.
Rewritten by machine and new technology,
and now I understand the problems you can see.
OwwaOwwa
I met your children
OwwaAwwa
What did you tell them?
Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
Pictures came and broke your heart.
Oww-A-A-A-Oww
And now we meet in an abandoned studio.
We hear the playback and it seems so long ago.
And you remember the jingles used to go:
'OwwaOwwa'
You were the first one.
OwwaOwwa
You were the last one.

posted by Finny Forever at 3:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home